Home  | About  | Contact
  • slide0
  • slide1
  • slide2
  • slide3
  • slide4
  • slide5
  • slide6
  • slide7
  • slide8
About Us
About Us  | Our Facilities  | Our Staff  | Contact Us  | Privacy Policy

Our Beginnings

The Brazzell Funeral Homes got it start when John M. Brazzell and his wife Janet and son, Terry came to Avilla, in Noble County in 1955. After they both graduated from Indiana College of Mortuary Science, both John and Janet were board certified Licensed Embalmers and Funeral Directors. They went to work for L.E. Berhalter Funeral Homes in Kendallville, Avilla, and Rome City, Indiana. John was the manager of the Avilla Funeral Home. The Brazzell Family stayed in Avilla until 1963 when the family moved to Albion. John went to work for the Bonham and Miser Funeral Home in Albion, and he became a partner in 1964, he was allowed to purchase a part of Mr. Bonham's ownership then purchasing the remainder of the funeral home in 1970. 

Terry Brazzell started helping his parents in the funeral home in 1965, and served his apprenticeship in 1969. Back when he started the funeral home was responsbile for the ambulance service so he ran many ambulance calls with his dad. He moved to Indianapolis, and graduated from the Indiana College of Mortuary Science in 1971.
Terry married Jeanie Burtch in September 1972 and they moved to Plymouth, where Terry worked at the Johnson Funeral Home from 1972 to the Spring of 1977 when he and his family moved back to manage the Avilla Chapel. 

In 1992 Terry and Jeanie purchased the Albion Chapel from John and Janet due to Janet's fight with breast cancer, Janet died on March 16, 1996 after a long fight also that year John M. fully retired and moved to Auburn. 

 

 

Copyright © 2014 Brazzell Funeral Homes and Brazzell Mortuary. All Rights Reserved.    | Website by CFS |